The Eastern New Mexico University Department of Theatre and Digital Filmmaking is proud to support new works from New Mexican playwrights. The mission of the festival is to:
- expose ENMU students and community to the diverse voices of regional playwrights.
- train ENMU’s theatre majors with the skill-sets needed for producing new works.
- support the playwrights of the region by offering a production opportunity.
To be considered for inclusion in the festival please review the following guidelines:
- Open to New Mexican playwrights only.
- One submission per playwright.
- All entries must be received no later than 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15, 2022.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
- Manuscripts may only be submitted as a MS Word document.
- Work must be original, unpublished and unproduced. Prior readings of the play are acceptable.
- Submissions may not be excerpted scenes from larger works. The entry must be a completed work with fully developed characters and plot.
- The length of performance is no more than 10 minutes. Submissions must be an appropriate length for the allotted performance time.
Playwrights that have work selected for inclusion in the New Mexico New Works Festival can expect:
- an announcement of selected plays no later than Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023.
- full production of their work at ENMU.
- payment of $100 for performance rights.
- complimentary tickets for you and a guest to attend a performance of your choice.
No later than 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 15, 2022