The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the most important document you will need when seeking federal student aid. A current FAFSA must be on file at the Office of Financial Aid for any type of federal or state student aid including work-study and loans.
This is a free application that is used to determine financial need. You must mail your FAFSA to the federal processor or file online.
To be considered for financial aid at ENMU, you must list Eastern New Mexico University as a school of interest in Step VI. Eastern's school code is 002651.
Once ENMU receives your FAFSA from the federal processor, your application will be evaluated, and we will make an award offer.
Information about the FAFSA
- The FAFSA is available through the Office of Financial Aid, most high school counselor offices, and online.
- The FAFSA is a free application.
- You must complete a new FAFSA every academic year.
Documents to Complete the FAFSA
- You and your parents' tax returns
- You and your parents' W2 forms
- Records of untaxed income
- Current bank statements
- Mortgage information
- Business or farm records
- Records of stocks, bonds and other investments
- Social security benefits, retirement and other documents
The Department of Education has a FAFSA Web site to aid in completing the FAFSA. If your Internet browser is capable of 128 bit encryption, you may apply online with the Department of Education's FAFSA on the Web.