Whether you're a sophomore, junior, senior, graduate, non-traditional student, married couple or single parent, we have a residence option for you.
There are two apartment complexes available exclusively for students: San Juan Village and West Campus Apartments. West Campus is University owned and operated. San Juan Village is owned and operated by a third party.
If you have your own furniture and/or appliances, you may request and unfurnished unit in the West Campus apartment complex. These apartments come with only basic appliances including a stove and refrigerator.
All other apartments, including those located in the San Juan Village, are fully furnished with beds, a sofa, chairs, a refrigerator, a stove and a dinette set.
Monthly rates include all utilities, basic cable and local telephone service.
West Campus provides residents access to an app-operated laundry facility. San Juan Village provides residents with a washer and dryer in each unit.
San Juan Village also provides residents with a pool, volleyball court, 24-hour fitness center, computer lab and study room.
In either apartment complex, pets are permitted only if Emotional Support Animal (ESA) certified. You must present documentation to the front desk at San Juan Village or for West Campus provide the documentation to the Office of Accessibility Resources and Testing and meet with the Director of Housing.
Fish tanks up to 25 gallons are also permitted in both apartment complexes.
Apartments leases run on a semester to semester basis. You can arrange a move-in time with either Housing and Residence Life (West Campus) or San Juan Village (575.226.7581).
- Submit an application for West Campus Apartments or San Juan Village (San Juan residents must also submit a guarantor agreement).
- You may pay the $150 deposit for your West Campus apartment at the Cashier Window in the Administration Building (ADM) or charge it to your student account. You must pay the $200 deposit for your San Juan Village apartment at their front desk to secure your apartment.
- Your apartment number will be confirmed (after you submit all necessary paperwork and pay the deposit) via phone (West Campus) or e-mail (San Juan Village).
- Go directly to the apartment complex assigned to you (West Campus) or the front office (San Juan Village)
- Give your name and confirmation information to the staff.
- Sign the lease.
- A staff member will escort you to your residence and give you your keys and/or proxy card.
- If you plan on renting an apartment through San Juan Village, you must fill out a welcome packet the same day you receive your keys.
- At West Campus, a completed room inspection sheet will be given to you to read and confirm.
- You may begin moving into your apartment as soon as all move-in paperwork is completed. If you have large or heavy items, we advise you to bring a dolly with you.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life, its officers, employees or agents will not be responsible for the loss, damage or destruction of a student's personal property at San Juan Village or West Campus Apartments.
ENMU strongly urges you as an apartment resident to purchase your own insurance or to make sure your existing renter's or homeowner's policy covers your campus residence.
You don't have to live in the residence halls to enjoy the conveniences of on-campus dining. ENMU Dining Services offers many meal plan options to fit any budget and lifestyle.
ENMU has a U.S. Postal Service facility on campus. You may reserve an ENMU Post Office box. Mail is delivered and sorted Monday through Friday. There is a replacement fee for lost keys.
The ENMU smoking policy can be found online at enmu.edu/SmokingPolicy. Everyone is expected to follow this policy and smoke only at the outdoor areas designated or in their privately owned vehicles.
Trash is collected daily from dumpsters located outside each residence. As a resident, you are responsible for taking your trash to the dumpster. You will be charged for leaving trash in bathrooms, hallways, porches or other common areas.
Termination of Occupancy by the University
ENMU and San Juan Village reserve the right to terminate occupancy (by giving advanced written notice) for the following reasons:
- You are not a student of Eastern New Mexico University
- You fail to pay rent
- You are unable to get along with other tenants or are guilty of creating repeat disturbances