ENMU’s Bachelor of Business Administration degree provides a personal financial planning emphasis so you can earn your financial planning certificate. Once you complete this degree program, you will be able to sit for the Certified Financial Planning® examination.
The BBA Personal Financial Planning emphasis is designed for you if you want to earn a bachelor's degree and are planning to work in the areas of financial planning, accounting, insurance, banking and investment. Financial planning means much more than just investing. A financial planner should be familiar with budgeting, estate planning, insurance planning, insurance planning, retirement planning, saving for education, and tax planning.
Our PFP program and business curriculum helps you understand the complexities of the changing financial climate and allows you to make the right recommendations to your prospective clients.
Business Administration Financial Planning Program Highlights
- Affordable. We currently have the fifth lowest tuition among the 80 Southwest four-year universities according to The Chronicle of Higher Education. See how we compare to other universities.
- Convenient. All of our business degrees are available 100% online so you can take courses when it is most convenient for you. Find out more information about resources and course formats for our online personal financial planning BBA Program.
- High Quality. Our qualified faculty bring experience and knowledge from the private and public sectors, and their diverse backgrounds provide you with an enriched learning experience.
- Personal. With a low 17:1 student-to-faculty ratio, the College of Business faculty are available to help and genuinely care about your success.
How Do I Enroll in the Financial Planning Program?
When you are working on your Bachelor of Business Administration degree at ENMU, you’ll choose personal financial planning as your emphasis area when you declare your major. Be sure to check out the steps you'll need to take to apply to ENMU.
Financial Planning Certificate Program-Specific Courses
|PFP 310 Personal Finance||3|
|PFP 320 Business Risk Management and Insurance||3|
|PFP 330 Investments: Principles and Policies||3|
|PFP 340 Tax Planning||3|
|PFP 350 Retirement Planning||3|
|PFP 360 Estate Planning||3|
|PFP 410 Financial Plan Development||3|
Before you can take PFP 410, the capstone course, you must complete all six 300-level courses.You do not have to take the PFP 300 level courses in sequence, but all courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher. For additional coursework you'll take as a BBA major, view our degree plan checklist for the Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
ENMU only issues a "Certificate of Completion" that enables you to sit for the CFP® exam. Our personal financial planning BBA degree program does not award the CFP® certification. CFP® certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planning® Board of Standards, Inc. to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP® Board Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience and examination requirements.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
We are committed to helping you finance your education. In addition to grants, loans and scholarships offered University-wide, the College of Business offers 29 scholarships for current students. Additionally, you'll find many students work part-time jobs on campus to help finance their education.
High School Courses to Take to Prepare for the BBA
If you are interested in business, you should take as many business courses in your high school curriculum as you can.
Additional Degree Information for Personal Financial Planning Majors
You can find additional information about the Bachelor of Business Administration degree, including the courses you will take when you major in business administration in personal financial planning.
Other PFP Program Options at ENMU
You don’t have to get your BBA to enroll in our certificate program. You can also get your personal financial planning certificate via the following:
- Emphasis area for Bachelor of University Studies
- PFP Certificate Program if you already have a bachelor's degree
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) concentration if you have an Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Associate of Science (AS) with a technical or vocational major from an accredited Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)-recognized organization. Find out more about our BAAS programs.
Connect with us on Social Media
ENMU combines an engaging learning environment with current technology to provide a rich educational experience. We focus on preparing students for careers and advanced study; promoting citizenship and leadership skills and values; supporting excellence in teaching and research; and empowering students to respond to a rapidly changing world. With affordable tuition, evening classes as well as select online courses, we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. If you are interested in financial planning degree programs we encourage you to learn more about Eastern New Mexico University's financial planning certificate program.