ENMU offers academic scholarships that can total more than $33 thousand over four years of attendance for New Mexico first-time freshmen. We also encourage you to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which may be submitted as early as Oct. 1, but no later than mignight June 30. Review the scholarship information on this page to see what other aid you might qualify for.
Keep in mind any scholarship you receive might affect your eligibility for financial aid. Be sure to communicate with your Enrollment Services recruiter and a financial aid advisor to find out what scholarships might be best for you. Scholarships are distributed over two semesters, fall and spring.
Some scholarships, like the New Mexico Freshman Academic Scholarship shown below, will continue to award you money for a number of semesters as long as you maintain a certain GPA while taking a certain number of courses. The GPA and course load requirements are referred to as "Continuation Criteria" and are shown below for each scholarship or waiver.
ENMU Foundation Starter Scholarship
Amount: tuition for your first semester at ENMU
Application deadline: For priority consideration, apply by Aug. 1 for fall and Jan. 3 for spring. Applications may be considered until two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. In order for us to be able to process your scholarship application, you should apply for admission first, because you won't be eligible to receive this scholarship until you are admitted to ENMU.
- Be a New Mexico resident.
- Have 2.5 cumulative high school GPA or 20 ACT or 1030 score (national test).
- Be a New Mexico high school graduate, New Mexico General Educational Development (GED) recipient, or New Mexico High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) recipient in the semester preceding the first semester of attendance.
|2.5 and higher high school GPA||Tuition||First semester|
Note: If you have not graduated from an accredited New Mexico high school, completed the New Mexico GED, or New Mexico HiSET you will be awarded based on national ACT/SAT scores.
Continuation: Does not apply
For information on the ENMU Foundation Starter Scholarship, please contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 575.562.2178.
New Mexico Freshman Academic Scholarship
To qualify for a New Mexico Freshman Academic Scholarship, you need at least a 20 ACT composite or 1030 SAT total. The higher your scores, the more you could be awarded. See the chart below to see what your ACT/SAT score provides under this scholarship program.
Amount: $2,454–$5,254 per academic year
Application deadline: For priority consideration, apply by Aug. 1 for fall and Jan. 3 for spring. Applications may be considered until two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester. In order for us to be able to process your scholarship application, you should apply for admission first, because you won't be eligible to receive an Admissions Scholarship until you are admitted to ENMU.
Eligibility: Be a New Mexico resident, and have at least a 20 ACT or 1030 SAT score.
|ACT Score||SAT Score||Fees||Additional||Annual Award||Continuation|
|20||1030–1050||$1,227||–||$2,454||For first year|
|21||1060–1090||$1,227||–||$2,454||For first year|
|22||1100–1120||$1,227||$150||$2,754||Up to four years|
|23||1130–1150||$1,227||$150||$2,754||Up to four years|
|24||1160–1190||$1,227||$400||$3,254||Up to four years|
|25||1200–1220||$1,227||$400||$3,254||Up to four years|
|26||1230–1250||$1,227||$600||$3,654||Up to four years|
|27||1260–1290||$1,227||$600||$3,654||Up to four years|
|28||1300–1320||$1,227||$800||$4,054||Up to four years|
|29||1330–1350||$1,227||$800||$4,054||Up to four years|
|30||1360+||$1,227||$1,400||$5,254||Up to four years|
Note: Receipt of scholarships may affect eligibility for other financial aid. Scholarships are distributed over two semesters, fall and spring. Annual fees are approximately $2,368. Annual awards received are based on actual fees.
Your first semester's GPA is based on your first semester at ENMU. Thereafter, your cumulative GPA (all semesters including dual/concurrent enrollment and other schools) will be used to determine your eligibility for continuation.
May be awarded up to eight consecutive semesters or receipt of degree (whichever comes first) if you have an ACT score of 22 or higher, or SAT of 1020 (through Feb. 2016)/1100 SAT (March 1, 2016 and later) or higher and:
- Complete 15 hours each semester with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
May be awarded up to two consecutive semesters (fall and spring of your freshman year) if you have an ACT score of 20-21 or an SAT score of 1030-1090 and:
- Complete 15 hours each semester with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
New Mexico Lottery Success Scholarship
Amount: to be authorized by the New Mexico State Legislature by June 1 of each year
- Be a New Mexico resident.
- Graduate from a New Mexico public high school, an accredited private high school recognized by the Public Education Department, or have obtained a New Mexico GED.
- Enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours at an eligible New Mexico public college or university in the first regular semester immediately following high school graduation or GED completion.
Continuation: If you complete at least 15 hours with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA each semester, you are eligible to receive the scholarship for a total of seven semesters if funding is available.
Note: Contact Financial Aid at 575.562.2194 for more information about this scholarship.
Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship
Amount: tuition, fees and residence hall charges plus $500 per semester. Only the double room rate will be applied to the your account if you are living in University-managed housing (Curry, Eddy or Guadalupe – traditional residence halls). West Campus Apartments and San Juan Village are not included in the housing options for this scholarship. Only 10 students per year are awarded this scholarship. Be sure to note application instructions below.
Application deadline: To be considered for the Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship, make sure you’re fully admitted to ENMU and have a Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship Application on file by March 6.
- Be aNew Mexico resident
- Be a New Mexico high school graduate, New Mexico General Educational Development (GED) recipient, or New Mexico High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) recipient in the semester preceding the first semester of attendance
Proceeding the first semester of attendance
- Have a 3.0 GPA and ACT Composite of 27 (or 1260–1290 SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, Math) OR
3.5 GPA and ACT Composite of 25 (or 1200–1220 SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, Math)
Application instructions: To be considered for the Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship, complete the following by the scholarship deadline of March 6 for the fall semester.
- Be fully admitted by March 6. If you haven't applied yet, apply now!
- Fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit a Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship application by March 6.
Notification: If you are selected for the Green and Silver Presidential Scholarship, you will be notified no later than April 10. ENMU will award a maximum of 10 Green and Silver Presidential Scholarships each year.
ENMU Foundation Scholarships
The ENMU Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for students of every level (incoming freshman, current/transfer students, and graduate students). View eligibility requirements for all ENMU Foundation Scholarships (ENMU Foundation Scholarships PDF) and use the instructions below to apply.
The ENMU Foundation application process is closed for 2020-2021 academic year scholarships. The deadline was Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020 at 11 a.m. (Mountain Time).
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year will open again early Jan. of 2021, and the deadline to apply will be Monday, Feb. 15, 2021 at 11 a.m. (Mountain Time).
Do I Qualify?
You have to be admitted to ENMU in order to apply for ENMU Foundation Scholarships. For admission questions, contact Enrollment Services, 575.562.2178 before you apply for ENMU Foundation Scholarships.
How to Apply
If you are already admitted to ENMU, you can see what scholarships you might qualify for and apply for multiple scholarships with a single online application.
Please call 575.562.2412 if you have any questions about applying for ENMU Foundation Scholarships.
What Happens Now?
- So we can process your scholarship applications, make sure you send ENMU a copy of your national ACT/SAT scores and your official high school transcript if you have not done so already. To send your scores to ENMU, use the following codes on your ACT or SAT form:
- ACT: 2636
- SAT: 4299
- Be sure to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before the semester begins. You can actually apply online as early as January of your graduating year.
- Enroll in at least 15 credit hours at the ENMU-Portales campus.
For More Information
ENMU Station 7
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130