Dual enrollment programs offer high school students credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward a certificate or degree. If you wish to get a head start on your college career, visit your high school counselor or principal to learn about the options available to you.

It is never too early to start preparing for college. Dual enrollment helps high school students maximize their time by earning college credit while still in high school.

Download the dual enrollment registration form  See our dual enrollment course offerings

Benefits of Taking Dual Enrollment Courses

  • Earn high school and college credits simultaneously
  • Explore your interests in a more concentrated and advanced format
  • Pursue interests not available at the high school level
  • Be introduced to university study which may help you transition to college
  • Complete your general education requirements early
  • Demonstrate commitment and scholarship to university admissions officials
  • Earn credits you can transfer to other colleges and universities
  • Earn college credits without spending any money or using any financial aid
  • Have the opportunity to complete an undergraduate degree in a shorter amount of time

Click each of the headings below to learn more about the ENMU Dual Enrollment Program.

Concurrent Enrollment vs. Dual Enrollment

Compare Dual Enrollment and Concurrent EnrollmentDual EnrollmentConcurrent Enrollment
College credit for completing course Yes Yes
High school credit for completing course Yes No
Student pays tuition for course No Yes
Student buys textbooks/supplies for course
If you are a home-schooled student, you buy your own textbooks.
No Yes
Courses are taught by college faculty
Courses are taught either by high school faculty at your high school, or by ENMU faculty at your high school, ENMU campus or online.
Yes Yes
General education core courses taken are guaranteed to be accepted as college credit at all other state institutions Yes Yes
Requires high school and parent approval to take course Yes Yes
Grade for course completion becomes an official, permanent addition to your college transcript Yes Yes

Please fill out the Concurrent Enrollment Form below if you want to register for concurrent enrollment. Contact Enrollment Services for more information at 575.562.2178

Concurrent Enrollment Form

For more Information

Coordinator of Dual Enrollment and Continuing Education
Phone: 575.562.4248
Fax: 575.562.2168
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Distance Learning
ENMU Station 32
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Phone: 575.562.2165