Dual enrollment programs offer high school students credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward a certificate or degree. If you wish to get a head start on your college career, visit your high school counselor or principal to learn about the options available to you.
It is never too early to start preparing for college. Dual enrollment helps high school students maximize their time by earning college credit while still in high school.
Benefits of Taking Dual Enrollment Courses
- Earn high school and college credits simultaneously
- Explore your interests in a more concentrated and advanced format
- Pursue interests not available at the high school level
- Be introduced to university study which may help you transition to college
- Complete your general education requirements early
- Demonstrate commitment and scholarship to university admissions officials
- Earn credits you can transfer to other colleges and universities
- Earn college credits without spending any money or using any financial aid
- Have the opportunity to complete an undergraduate degree in a shorter amount of time
Click each of the headings below to learn more about the ENMU Dual Enrollment Program.
Most of the 100/200 level and 1000/2000 level courses in the university undergraduate catalog are eligible for dual enrollment. Our dual enrollment courses are offered online, on the ENMU Portales campus, and at high schools approved by the Office of Distance Learning.
Keep in mind:
- Certain classes have prerequisite placement scores or class requirements for you to register.
- Always speak with your high school dual enrollment representative to check which courses you are eligible to take.
- Some courses are offered at area high schools by qualified adjunct faculty.
For more Information
Coordinator of Dual Enrollment and Continuing Education
ENMU Station 32
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130