The Intensive English Program is a summer program designed for you. If you are an international college student seeking to improve your academic English language skills at an American University, ENMU is the perfect choice. Goals include improvement in overall abilities in both spoken and written English, as well as cultural understanding of the Southwestern United States.
At the beginning of the program, you take a TOEFL practice exam to determine your level of understanding.
- Build confidence while communicating
- Socialize and network with greater confidence
- Expand vocabulary
- Improve understanding of grammar
- Take a TOEFL exam
Program Schedule, July 1-28, 2019
This program provides 20+ hours per week of contact time with 16 hours of class time (Monday through Thursday) and at least four hours of trips and traveling (Friday and Saturday).
- Monday, July 1 – Class 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 2 – Class 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 3 – Class 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Thursday, July 4 – No Class
- Friday, July 5 – Santa Fe
- Saturday, July 6 – Excursion
- Monday, July 8 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 9 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 10 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 12 – Carlsbad
- Saturday, July 13 – White Sands
- Sunday, July 14 – Excursion
- Monday, July 15 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 17 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 18 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 19 – Gila Cliff Dwellings
- Saturday, July 20 – Las Cruces
- Sunday, July 21 – Excursion
- Monday, July 22 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 23 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 24 – Class 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 25 – TOEFL Exam
- Friday, July 26 – Albuquerque
- Saturday, July 27 – Excursion
Expenses for 4-Week Summer English Course
|Tuition and Fees (3 credits)||$1,050.00|
|Room and Board (Double occupancy) 3 Meals per day included||$740.00|
|Excursions (Santa Fe, Carlsbad, White Sands, Ruidoso, Gila Cliffs, Las Cruces and Albuquerque) Meals not included||$1,000.00|
|Total Cost (not including health/medical insurance or personal costs):||$2,995.00|
Estimated Personal Costs (Excursion meals, supplies, and souvenirs): $500.00
Health /Medical Insurance (Paid to a third party. A list provided on request): $50.00+
International Student Admission
Eastern New Mexico University's international students currently represent 26 different countries, including Canada, China, Denmark, Ghana, India, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Brazil and more.
For More Information
American Language and Culture Director/Instructor
Jack Williamson Liberal Arts (JWLA), Room 113A
International Student Officer
Administration Building (ADM), Room 216