- How much will this program cost me?*
- In-State Tuition and fees: $297.75 per credit hour or $2,675.25 per semester (at 9 credit hours) plus $17 per credit hour for online classes
- Out-of-State Tuition and fees: $297.75 per credit hour or $3,555.00 per semester (at 9 credit hours) plus $17 per credit hour for online classes
- Books and supplies: $1,000 (estimated yearly cost)
- Praxis tests: $562 - $682 (not counting costs of retakes)
*The amounts shown above are estimated costs assuming expected time of completion. For more information on tuition and fees, visit our Graduate program tuition and fees.
- What financing options are available to help me pay for this program? *
- Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, and loans (federal and private).
- Of those that completed any of the three alternative licensure programs (elementary, secondary, or special education) in 2020-21, 37% completed with loan debt. The median amount of debt for these completers is shown below:
Federal loans: $10,142
- How long will it take me to complete this program?
- The program is designed to be completed within the 2-year alternative license timeframe granted by the NMPED. The NMPED grants a 1-year extension to students in good standing on a case-by-case basis. Of those that completed the program in 2020-21, 86% finished in 1-3 years.
- What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate? *
- The job placement rate for students who completed this program is 100%
More information on jobs related to this program
Elementary School teachers, except Special Education