ENMU instructor qualifications may vary from course to course, but instructors are generally required to have a master's degree in the field they are instructing. Dual enrollment instructors are also required to submit midterm and final grades to the dual enrollment coordinator upon request. Please see dual enrollment deadlines and important dates for a schedule of when grades are due.

View Deadlines and Important Dates

Instructor Application Process

If you are a high school teacher and you wish to be considered for ENMU's dual enrollment program faculty, you should prepare the following:

  • Application
  • Current resume/vitae – should reflect professional development in addition to experience
  • Official transcripts – should include information from every institution, showing specific degrees awarded/conferred or showing specific updated coursework relevant to the discipline and/or content area
  • Brief letter of interest – should include course title(s) you wish to teach

Applications from potential dual enrollment instructors are reviewed both by the appropriate ENMU academic department faculty and by the dual enrollment administration. You will be notified whether or not you have been approved to teach dual enrollment courses for ENMU.

Registration for classes offered for dual credit in the high schools are scheduled after faculty, syllabi and course offerings have been approved by ENMU. The ENMU approval process takes place during the semester prior to courses beginning.

If you have a student in your classroom interested in taking a dual enrollment course, please view the Course Registration Checklist for application instructions.

For More Information

Coordinator of Dual Enrollment and Continuing Education
Phone: 575.562.4248
Fax: 575.562.2168
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Distance Learning
ENMU Station 32
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Phone: 575.562.2165