Each dorm develops and shapes its own community to fit the residents' needs and desires. The staff and residents work together to present various programs for students to enjoy during their time at the residence hall. Other hall organizations, such as Hall Council and the Residence Hall Association, also help to develop a healthy social climate and academically supportive community.

If you are under the age of 21 on the first day of class of the fall semester and if you have earned fewer than 30 semester hours after graduation or if you are enrolled in 12 or more semester hours, you must live in University residence halls and purchase a meal plan. Exemptions to the residential/meal plan requirement may be granted to students who are living with parents, married and/or have dependent children. Meal plan waivers may be granted to students with medical needs not met by the meal plan provider.

Campus Living Guide

ENMU Dormitories

  • Curry Hall
    Curry Hall is made up of double occupancy rooms that share a community bathroom. It is a coed dorm known for its tight knit community and quiet environment, perfect for students who want to study.
  • Eddy Hall
    Eddy Hall is a coed dorm that offers suites with semi-private bathrooms (you share a bathroom with one other room) and double rooms with a community bath.
  • Guadalupe Hall
    Guadalupe Hall is Eastern's newest addition to the residential options at ENMU. It offers suites with semi-private bathrooms. Each suite is composed of two double rooms that share a bathroom.

Services and Amenities

No matter which hall you live in, ENMU residences offer a variety of amenities including laundry facilities, programs, equipment checkout and maintenance services.

Learn more about services and amenities available to campus residents >

Checking In

Instructions for check-in will be mailed to you before your dormitory opens. Be sure to check in by 5 p.m. on the first day of classes, or your room assignment will be canceled and your nonrefundable room reservation fee is forfeited. Please feel free to call 575.562.2632 if you have any questions regarding your dormitory reservations or the check-in process.

Even though the dorm rooms are furnished, you will probably want to personalize your room. If possible, it is a good idea to check with your roommate to avoid any duplication that might limit space.

When selecting bed linens, please keep in mind that dormitory beds measure 39 by 80 inches, longer than the regular twin size. Eastern has a program that makes it very easy for students to acquire the right-sized sheets. If you're staying in a dorm, you'll will receive information about this in a separate mailing.

Personalizing your living space is a great way to create a more comfortable home away from home. It is usually better to wait until you get settled in your room and see what your space needs are before bringing in lots of extra furniture from home.

Firearms and other dangerous weapons or explosives are strictly prohibited from the entire ENMU campus. All halls are smoke-free.

How to Apply

All students applying for housing at ENMU must submit a $150 damage deposit. You will not be assigned a room until the Office of Housing and Residence Life has received the full deposit. Payment can be made by credit card over the phone by calling 575.562.2632 or by check or money order mailed to:

Housing and Residence Life
ENMU Station 39
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
Phone: 575.562.2632

Please Note: Students under 18 years of age must use the printed version of this form as parent or guardian signatures are required. You may need Acrobat Reader installed to view information on the printed document.

Apply for Housing

For More Information Contact

Steven Estock
Director, Housing and Residence Life
Office Location: Campus Union Building (CUB), Room 108
Phone: 575.562.2632