The ENMU Greyhound Promise scholarship provides a unique financial opportunity for undergraduate students who pledge their service to help reduce New Mexico's teacher vacancies. Eligible students who plan to complete ENMU's Teacher Education Program and commit to a four-year New Mexico teacher service obligation may apply to receive the scholarship award.
If qualified, you will be offered an amount which may pay up to full-time resident (in-state) undergraduate tuition and mandatory student fees each semester. If you are an in-state student, you may choose to accept this award in lieu of the ENMU Foundation Starter or New Mexico Lottery Success Scholarship but you can only receive one state-funded award each semester (Greyhound Promise OR Lottery scholarship).
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have completed high school at a public or accredited private U.S. high school, graduated from a public or accredited private U.S. high school or received a high school equivalency credential while maintaining residency in the U.S.
- Meet ENMU undergraduate admission requirements.
- Pursue first undergraduate degree in one of ENMU's teacher education programs (see program list below).
- First-year students: have a minimum ACT score of 20 and 2.75 high school GPA.
- Continuing, former or returning students: have a minimum of 30 earned college hours with 2.75 cumulative college GPA.
- Transfer students: have a minimum of 24 earned college hours with 2.75 cumulative college GPA.
- Sign annual program completion and teacher service agreements.
- Meet ENMU's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy requirements for bachelor's degree seekers.
You may receive this scholarship for up to eight consecutive semesters or receipt of your degree (whichever comes first) as long as you:
- Complete at least 15 hours per semester with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Meet the requirements to remain in our Teacher Education Program.
- Sign annual program completion and teacher service agreements (if you are registered with Accessibility Resources and Testing, you may request accommodations).
- Complete one of the teacher education programs shown below.
- Become a licensed New Mexico public school teacher directly following completion of your ENMU undergraduate degree.
- Serve as a New Mexico public school teacher for four consecutive years directly following graduation.
The ENMU Greyhound Promise scholarship program is a serious commitment to New Mexico schools. When you accept this scholarship, you are expected to successfully complete your teacher education degree at ENMU and your service obligation. Failure to complete your degree or service requirement means you must pay back to ENMU the scholarship funds you received from this scholarship program.
You are responsible for paying additional educational expenses such as course fees, online fees, books, and room and board. Any tuition or student fees not covered by scholarship funding levels are also your responsibility.
- Complete ENMU admission requirements:
- Submit the Greyhound Promise Scholarship Application.
Please note: Awards are subject to revision at any time due to changes in policy, law, regulations, and additional resources, calculation or funding levels. This scholarship is renewable based upon legislative funding.
Teacher Education Programs
ENMU Greyhound Promise eligible teacher education degree programs:
|Agricultural Education||Grades 7 through 12|
|Biology||Grades 7 through 12|
|Chemistry||Grades 7 through 12|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Elementary/Special Education Dual Licensure|
|English||Grades 7 through 12|
|Mathematics||Grades 7 through 12|
|Music Education – Choral||Pre-K through Grade 12|
|Music Education – Instrumental (Winds/Percussion)||Pre-K through Grade 12|
|Physical Education||Pre-K through Grade 12|
|Social Studies||Grades 7 through 12|
|Spanish||Grades 7 through 12|