The ENMU Greyhound Promise scholarship provides a unique financial opportunity for undergraduate students who wish to help reduce the number of teacher vacancies by completing ENMU's Teacher Education Program.
If qualified, you will be offered an amount which may pay up to full-time resident (in-state) undergraduate tuition and mandatory student fees each semester. If you are an in-state student, you may choose to accept this award in lieu of the ENMU Greyhound Starter or New Mexico Lottery Success Scholarship but you can only receive one state-funded award each semester (Greyhound Promise OR Lottery scholarship).
Students are responsible for paying any additional educational expenses not covered by scholarship funding. Awards are subject to revision at any time due to changes in policy, law, regulations, and additional resources, calculation or funding levels. This scholarship is renewable based upon legislative funding.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have completed high school at a public or accredited private U.S. high school, graduated from a public or accredited private U.S. high school or received a high school equivalency credential while maintaining residency in the U.S.
- Meet ENMU undergraduate admission requirements.
- Pursue first undergraduate degree in one of ENMU's teacher education programs (see program list below).
- First-year students: have a minimum ACT score of 20 and 2.75 high school GPA.
- Continuing, former or returning students: have a minimum of 30 earned college hours with 2.75 cumulative college GPA.
- Transfer students: have a minimum of 24 earned college hours with 2.75 cumulative college GPA.
- Meet ENMU's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy requirements for first bachelor's degree seekers.
You may receive this scholarship for up to eight consecutive semesters or receipt of your degree (whichever comes first) as long as you:
- Complete at least 15 hours per semester with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Meet the requirements to remain in ENMU's Teacher Education Program.
- Complete ENMU admission requirements:
- Submit the Greyhound Promise Scholarship Application.
Teacher Education Programs
ENMU Greyhound Promise eligible teacher education degree programs:
|Agricultural Education||Grades 7 through 12|
|Biology||Grades 7 through 12|
|Chemistry||Grades 7 through 12|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Elementary/Special Education Dual Licensure|
|English||Grades 7 through 12|
|Mathematics||Grades 7 through 12|
|Music Education – Choral||Pre-K through Grade 12|
|Music Education – Instrumental (Winds/Percussion)||Pre-K through Grade 12|
|Physical Education||Pre-K through Grade 12|
|Social Studies||Grades 7 through 12|
|Spanish||Grades 7 through 12|