The Master of Education degree with an emphasis in secondary education offers you an advanced degree program enabling you to become a better classroom teacher and help you engage more knowledgably and productively with colleagues, administrators and the public at large.
- Online program
- Exceptional quality and reasonable cost
- Earn your degree while working
- Can be combined with the alternative licensure secondary education program for individuals wishing to pursue New Mexico secondary licensure and the Master of Education concurrently
- Program nationally and state accredited
- Admission to the Graduate School.
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.8 and 2.99 will be considered for conditional admission; if accepted, applicants must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 with no grade less than a "B" during the first semester of enrollment.
- A photocopy of your Secondary Teaching License.
Secondary Education (36 hours)
Note: Degree information shown on this page is based on the 2020-22 Graduate Catalog.
Core Requirements (15 hours)
|EDF 500 Educational Research||3|
|EDF 515 Theories of Learning and Motivation||3|
|EDF 530 Assessment||3|
|EDAD 560 School Law OR
SPED 503 Special Education Law
|SPED/SED 596 Captsone Project||3|
Emphasis Area (15 hours)
|EDF 501 Curriculum: Theory into Practice||3|
|EDF 536 American Curriculum History||3|
|EDF 538 Instructional Design||3|
|SED 526 Diversity Issues in Education||3|
|SPED 305 Special Education Law OR
EDAD 560 School Law
Electives (6 hours)
6-hours of graduate level electives chosen with advisor approval.
- Public school educator for grades 7-12
- Corporate trainer
If you are interested in pursuing a master’s in secondary education please submit an application or contact us for more information.
All required admission materials should be sent directly to the Graduate School:
ENMU Station 24
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130