A degree in agricultural education opens the door for undergraduate students to share their passion for agriculture. The program provides foundational knowledge in agriculture for teaching in formal and non-formal settings.
Learn more about our teacher education program
- Formal and informal learning experiences
- Student teaching gives students real-world applications
- Hands-on experiences – conduct workshops for high school students, coordinate career development events, and more
- Agricultural education teacher
- Cooperative extension agent
- Farm service agency representative
- Livestock breed association representative
- Agricultural commodity association
- Corporate education specialists
Organizations and Opportunities
As an ENMU student, you'll have the opportunity to participate in various campus and discipline-related organizations. You also may assist faculty on research projects, work in labs and participate in other related activities. This program also sponsors the Pre-Vet Agriculture Club.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
ENMU is committed to helping you finance your education. More than 70% of our students receive some sort of financial assistance. Additionally, you may be eligible to apply for funding assistance through programs designed to encourage underrepresented groups to participate in faculty-mentored research projects.
Learn more about scholarships at ENMU
High School Course Suggestions
If you're interested in majoring in agricultural education at ENMU, try to take courses in the area of agriculture education. In New Mexico, there are numerous dual enrollment; opportunities for college credit.
Learn more about our dual enrollment program
Additional Degree Information
You can find additional information about the Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education degree, including the courses you will take when you're a agriculture education major at Eastern on our degree plans page.
View the Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education degree information
Assistant Professor of Agriculture, Department Chair
Office Location: Agriculture (AG), Room 107