Study Abroad

Do you want to experience other cultures in an authentic and unique way? Studying abroad gives you many academic and professional opportunities. To qualify for study abroad, you need to have completed 30 or more credit hours, have a 2.8 GPA or higher, and meet the requirements of the international university hosting you.

University Spotlight

You can experience student life at a variety of countries inside and outside North America. Here are just a few examples of countries where you can study:

  • Hankuk University: Seoul, South Korea (English, Korean)
  • Universidad de Sonora: Hermosillo, Mexico (Spanish)
  • Mount Royal University: Calgary, Canada (English)
  • Universidad Nacional de Quilmes: Buenos Aires, Argentina (Spanish)
  • Universidad de Santiago de Chile: Santiago, Chile (Spanish)
  • University of Potsdam: Potsdam, Germany (German, English)
  • Universidad de Oviedo: Asturias, Spain (Spanish)
  • MingDao University, Changhua, Taiwan (English, Mandarin)

Student Requirements

  1. Get a Passport
  2. Submit application documents to Office of International Programs:
    • CONAHEC Application
    • Pre-approval of Study Abroad Credit form
    • Medical & Emergency Contact Form
    • Study Abroad Waiver of liability Form
  3. Be sure to coordinate with your ENMU academic advisor regarding your courses!
  4. Coordinate with Financial Aid on possible sources of funding
  5. After approved by CONAHEC and accepted by Host Institution, work with Host Institution on purchasing insurance, applying for student housing, registering for courses, and airport pickup.
  6. Apply visa at closest Consulate of host country
  7. Make airline reservations
  8. Contact IPO for what to know before departure
  9. Arrive in Host Country
  10. Request official transcript from the Host University at the end of study abroad semester

For More Information

International Programs
ENMU Station 2
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
800.FOR.ENMU (800.367.3668)
Phone: 575.562.4697