If you will be 25 years or older on your first day of classes at Eastern and you have less than one year's worth (24 hours) of college work to transfer, you're considered an adult student for admission purposes. Your admission requirements are the same as a freshman, you just have a slightly different application process. You also may not be required to live on campus for your first year.
If you've completed a full year of transferable college coursework, you should follow the transfer student admission steps instead.
Requirements and Deadlines
Coming to Eastern is easy! Best of all, applying to ENMU is free! Our admission process requires submitting the following documents:
- ENMU admission application – fill out our online application, or download an application and mail it to us
- FAFSA application (Eastern's FAFSA school code is 002651)
- Scholarship application
- Official high school and/or college transcripts if dual or concurrent enrollment happened, or GED certificate showing completion date
- Official college transcripts if you have completed some college courses
Send your materials to:
Office of Enrollment Services
ENMU Station 7
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130
- Financial aid
- Come visit
- Housing and dining
- Academics – majors and minors
- Request information
- Contact an admissions recruiter
Still have questions about the ENMU experience?
Our President's Ambassadors are available to answer any questions you may have. Send them a short note.