You can use a helpline as soon as you feel you or a friend are in crisis. Trauma, depression, substance abuse, difficulties with family and relationships, and high stress are all valid reasons to reach out. You should never feel your problem is too small or insignificant.
You will never be judged for the problems you are dealing with. The counselor's goal is to help you make healthy decisions and feel safe.
You will be asked some questions about your feelings, social situation, safety, and any thoughts of suicide that you or the person you are calling about might be having. Answering truthfully will help the counselor to help you.
- Free 24/7 support for anyone in crisis or considering suicide.
- Call for yourself or someone you care about. Your call is free and confidential.
- Never ignore or underestimate remarks about suicide. If you think your friend is in immediate danger, do not leave them alone – stay there and call 911 and the counselor.
- Free 24/7 support for anyone in crisis
- Text from anywhere, anytime, about any type of crisis. A real-life human being (counselor) will receive the text and respond. This counselor will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment.
Connect with us on Social Media
For More Information
Counseling and Career Services
ENMU Station 34
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130