Our online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program offers opportunities for professional nurses to become nurse educators and to directly impact our current and predicted national nursing shortage. Our program is designed for you if you are a nurse and wish to complete your degree in two years. Despite the program design, we understand that to foster motivation, self-directedness and setting of personal and professional goals, you need to work at your own pace. Our master's in nursing online program fulfills the following needs:
- Prepares you to assume the role of nursing instructor in associate and baccalaureate degree nursing programs in the state of New Mexico and beyond.
- Addresses the national and statewide nursing shortage by providing a larger pool of nursing instructors to enable the expansion of, increase, graduate output of nursing schools in the region and throughout the U.S.
- Provides you the opportunity to achieve a master-level nursing degree without leaving your community, while working full-time, and through a quality, low-cost, public institution of higher learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create nursing curricula in both academic nursing education and professional staff development.
- Apply leadership principles to respond to the growing complexity of health care instruction at all levels.
- Analyze nursing philosophy and methods of qualitative and quantitative research to make evidenced-based nursing practice decisions as an educator.
- Examine personal and professional ethics regarding health policy decisions, plans and actions to be undertaken to achieve quality health care delivery within a society.
- Design a contextual nursing program curriculum.
Eastern New Mexico University has the second lowest bachelor's and master's-level tuition in the state, and is one of the most affordable advanced degree nursing programs in the United States. If you are an out-of-state student enrolling in six or fewer hours per semester, you'll pay tuition and fees at the low in-state rate.
The MSN degree at Eastern New Mexico University is comprised of:
- Thirty-six total credit hours, including 12 credits in the master core and 24 credits in the education emphasis
- The completion of two classes (6 credits) each spring, summer and fall semester to facilitate degree completion within two years
The MSN program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) until spring 2021.
Master of Science in Nursing - Student Achievement Data
Students Completing the Program:
- Graduates complete the MSN program within an average of 2.1 years. Students taking 6 or more credit hours per semester can complete the program in 16-20 months.
- Part-Time enrollment: 97 percent (under 7 credits hours per semester).
- Full-time enrollment: 3 percent (9 or more credit hours per semester).
- 95 percent of the students enrolled in the MSN program are employed full-time as RNs while in the program.
- Upon completion of the program, 98 percent of students are employed in nursing and/or nursing education.
Master of Science in Nursing Admission Requirements
In order to be admitted to the MSN program, you must:
- Complete the online application for to the ENMU graduate school.
- Complete the online application for the MSN program.
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- Provide able to documentation of the following:
- Active RN licensure
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of why you are applying (approximately 100 words).
- Be willing to submit to a background check.
MSN Course Rotation
|NURS 506||NURS 502||NURS 502|
|NURS 510||NURS 508||NURS 508|
|NURS 516||NURS 512||NURS 510|
|NURS 517||NURS 514||NURS 512|
|NURS 540||NURS 514|
|NURS 544||NURS 540|
|EDF 538||EDF 538||EDF 538|
As New Mexico's largest regional comprehensive university, ENMU offers students more than 90 undergraduate, graduate and certificate options. On our campuses you will find a diverse student body made up of individuals of all ages, backgrounds, interests and points of view. With affordable tuition and flexible course schedules we offer an education that fits your lifestyle and puts your career goals within reach. Apply now or contact us to learn more about our Master of Science in Nursing.